Commercial Service Apprentice (Job ID 2112083)
East Syracuse, New York
Categories Security Installation & Service, Field
At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon ADT’s 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of critical commercial environments, retail location, educational campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference – for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you’re a part of ADT Commercial, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth. For more information, visit www.adtcommercial.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
The basic function is to assist with routine and emergency service calls. Troubleshoot, replace and/or repair malfunctioning or inoperative equipment while working under close supervision of a more senior technician or supervisor.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Learns/assists with routine and emergency service calls. Troubleshoot, replace and/or repair malfunctioning or inoperative equipment.
- Must prepare accurate and timely documentation for work performed.
- Organizes and utilizes technical resources, information, material, and support to ensure efficient execution of assigned tasks.
- Completes and submits all required task-related activities, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Assists with maintaining truck inventory to ensure proper response to customers’ needs.
- Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Must ensure a positive customer experience.
- Provide reliable, high quality customer support.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must perform other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of High School/Vocational training.
- No prior skills required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to clear a drug screening.
- Must obtain and retain any specific product certifications and/or licenses that are required by national, state, and local codes.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires, ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with “on call availability” and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.