Associate Install Technician
Categories Security Installation & Service, Field
Responsible for providing excellent customer service and driving customer loyalty, quality and overall satisfaction by servicing, programming, configuring, dismantling, reconstructing, converting, and trouble-shooting existing security and site automation solutions including, but not limited to, fire and carbon monoxide detection, networking, hosted video solutions, and access control.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current valid State Driver’s License.
- Certifications and licensing where required, as specified by local Management.
- Completes pre-requisite and ongoing safety requirements and courses, driver care requirements, technical standards, and any other applicable training.
- Follows safety standards and reports safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Collects all required payments, balances, and signatures and processes monies received from customers in accurate and timely manner.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and apply codes, rules, standards and requirements to meet specifications.
- Ability to work under general supervision and independently at multiple customer sites on a daily basis and interpret and design system layout to meet the customer needs.
- Demonstrates mechanical and technical aptitude according to job level.
- Ability to interpret location maps, blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle in a safe manner and responsibility for company issued assets (i.e., inventory, etc.).
- Basic mathematical aptitude to perform routine calculations.
- Basic knowledge of mobile technology and data devices for communication.
- Communication skills including verbal and written skills.
- Ability to meet minimum company performance standards for productivity, quality, and safety & security enhancements.
- Ability to logically solve basic to moderately difficult problems with effective solutions and demonstrates troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and establish relationships with customers by gaining their trust. Ability to relate well to all types of customers, builds appropriate rapport, and demonstrates diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to diffuse high tension situations while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Some technical school training highly preferred.
- Prior experience with providing services to electrical systems highly preferred.
- Ability to climb and descend a ladder up to 20 feet.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to operate a mechanical lift system and ascend up to 40 feet.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and construction environments.
As of April 2017, Protection 1 merged with ADT to become the leading company in the electronic security industry. As we progress through our integration, you will see collateral, building signs and apparel from both companies, but please know: we are on our way to becoming a completely unified ADT and while that happens, we are better together.