Custom Home Sales Engineer (Job ID 2112296)
Categories Business Development, Engineering, Security Sales
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Sales Engineers will support the Regional Sales Manager, Regional Operations Manager and General Sales Managers on key Custom Residential projects within the Region. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the Sales and Operations teams as the key technical advisor. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with Sales and Operations. Custom Home Sales System Engineer is responsible for the design of ADT Alarm, Intrusion Security, CCTV, Intercom and Card Access Systems in accordance with Sales and Operations protocols. Receives project specifications and designs systems. Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost-effective solution. Prepares all required submittals so that the subsequent hand-off to operations transitions efficiently. Acts as a technical resource to Sales and Operations team members. Participates in sales and operations meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout as required. May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management as requested. Drives change orders for customer driven changes.
- Supports field sales organization in the designing of ADT Alarm, Intrusion Security, CCTV, Intercom and Card Access Systems and may need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information. May perform some field activities as required.
- Designs security systems for large and/or complex Custom Homes consisting of electrical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations matrix, panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks. Generates specific records for all projects.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to Sales and Operations.
- Ensure the proper estimation of all job costs.
- Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and Operations management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Organizes system layout by design and prepares any necessary documents that maybe required including drawings need for permits.
- Prepares specifications and drawings for specific job-related components. Selects proper types, sizes, quantities of products to meet project requirements.
- Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor. Oversees the creation of system proposals.
- Must have previous experience in commercial or High End residential custom security systems design.
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required. Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, word processing, spreadsheet
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fully proficient and independent design skills.
- Able to design medium to large jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed.
- Understands process of home construction projects and the requirements to document all changes or deviations to specifications.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.