Category Security Guard
ADT is committed to hiring team members who are passionate about providing exceptional customer service – people who understand the importance of customer satisfaction and what it means to their career development. As a company that is well-positioned to continue meeting and exceeding our customers’ evolving needs, ADT also takes pride in upholding a rewarding work experience for all of our team members. The Armed Patrol Security officer is responsible for responding to alarm activations and responding to emergencies for residential and business customers within an assigned geographical area.
Patrol officers go directly from home over to where our patrol vehicles are located in West Los Angeles.
Salary and Scheduling
- Patrol is 24/7.
- Must be able to work weekend hours.
- The salary range for this position is $15.00. Upon completion of training 15.50. Annual merit increase. Plus an opportunity to earn additional income from sales commission.
- The geographical area covered for this position is West Los Angeles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to alarm activations while driving a marked company vehicle in an assigned geographical area.
- Conduct residential vacation checks.
- Perimeter checks of commercial locations.
- Respond to calls for patrol service.
- Conduct vehicle inspections at beginning and end of shift.
- High school diploma or GED or prior security experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Guard Card
- BSIS exposed firearm permit, applied for or possessed
- Pepper Spray permit, possessed or willing to obtain
- Baton permit, possessed or willing to obtain
Experience and Skills:
- One year security or customer service experience.
- Good verbal, written, and customer service skills.
- Leadership skills.
Why do you want to be an Everyday Hero? Why ADT?
- Competitive compensation package. Paid training.
- ADT offers full benefits on the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with 5% matching.
- Paid vacation time. (We all need to recharge our batteries at some point.)
- $7,500 Tuition Reimbursement, Corporate Discounts, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays.
- A great environment. Everyone says it. We mean it.
- Opportunity for Career growth? Of course! Employee referral bonuses? Absolutely!
As of April 2017, Protection 1 merged with ADT to become the leading company in the electronic security industry. As we progress through our integration, you will see collateral, building signs and apparel from both companies, but please know: we are on our way to becoming a completely unified ADT and while that happens, we are better together.