Outbound Account Management Manager
Category Customer Service
The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Leads Account Management department to continually improve customer retention rates. Focuses retention tactics towards securing new monitoring agreements and adding additional RMR through upgrading services and equipment. Responsible for ensuring company and department customer attrition goals, quality, productivity, cost effectiveness and service levels are achieved. Responsible for measuring, evaluating and coaching individuals and teams while promoting a positive work environment and customer focused culture. Proactively evaluates and develops retention strategies and tactics to ensure customer attrition goals are met or exceeded. Partners with other leaders and teams to develop programs to reduce RMR loss.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Account Management Manager may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed, and other duties as assigned.
- Analyze statistical reports and other documentation to identify trends and implement enhancements to overall performance.
- Understands and maximize impact on financial performance of the Account Management department.
- Develops and oversees incentive programs that enhance employee motivation and maintain a positive work environment.
- Assure that Supervisors and Specialist are maintaining peak effectiveness.
- Meet with leadership team on a routine basis to review individual employee performance and gather and exchange information on team performance.
- Manages customer retention programs with a goal of improving retention percentages.
- Develop and lead proactive customer retention efforts such as customer win-back campaigns or outbound call
- Work with department heads or general managers to explore new avenues and touch points to reduce customer attrition and increase RMR.
- Leads retention reps to identify customers that are eligible for up sell opportunities with the intent to execute new monitoring agreements.
- Determine and execute cost saving initiatives by finding best practices and eliminating non-value added activities.
- Maintain situational awareness of the activity of representatives and prioritize and direct the activities of the staff to most efficiently meet departmental goals.
- Performs quality assurance evaluations of employees to determine both the areas that the employee excels in and areas that need improvement.
- Takes disciplinary action when necessary including documentation of oral and written warning notices and terminations when needed.
- Meets with employees on a regular basis to review overall performance and set expectations for improvement and personal growth when applicable.
- Ensures that all customer correspondences are responded to or forwarded to the appropriate department within 72 hours of receipt in the department.
- Professionally responds to escalated customer concerns via email, correspondence and telephone conversations.
- Provide formal training, one-on-one or group training to disseminate information related to acquisitions, system changes, call handling procedures and other topics, which require personal presentations.
- Process required forms for payroll and personnel.
- Performs other duties and related work as assigned.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; recommend salary action, probation, retraining’ addressing complaints and resolving problems. Develop a plan for improvement and career development.
- Continuously upgrade and /or enhance supervisory skills by participating in available classes, training, and seminars.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Knowledge of the Alarm Industry and company operations
- Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of supervision and/or leadership.
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), keyboard, fax machine, copy machine, telephone, Share Point and Internet.
- Excellent time management, planning and proactive thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
- Frequent need for creativity and ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to work with confidential information regarding customer accounts and employee files.
- Must possess good decision making skills, continuous use of discretion, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret graphs.
- Ability to complete and interpret statistical analysis.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to effectively deal with problem situations involving both personnel and processes.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to perform duties in a dynamic, fast paced work environment with frequent changes.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Normal office environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and five years of experience involving customer service departments in a call center environment to include at least three years management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Alarm industry and Customer Retention experience preferred.
- Financial analysis knowledge preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- None Required.
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com