Commercial Sales Consultant (Job ID 2011497)
Category Business Development
ADT is a leading provider ofsecurity and automation solutions in Canada for homes and businesses, peopleon-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before,and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and liveanswer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safeand empowered. More information is available at.
The tenure of this position is responsible for the promotion of products to potential and existing customers. He/she is initiating and executing all steps of the sales cycle with commercial, industrial and institutional customers in order to meet targets and provide an exceptional customer experience. He/she provides support and assistance to the Commercial Sales Manager in the development of the target markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with potential customers to determine their security needs
- Analyse needs and create a solution
- Create quotes covering all customer’s needs uncover during discovery
- Conduct effective presentations of proposals/solutions adapted to customer’s preoccupations.
- Use the company’s sales process to:
- Create and foster relationships of trust with customers
- Reveal the need for a security system
- Translate the security system advantages into benefits for the customer
- Overcome objections
- Demonstrate the security system operation and capabilities
- Professionally close sales
- Request customer’s testimonials and referrals.
- Foster the existing customers’ loyalty by contacting them in a timely fashion
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of quotation to be submitted for tenders
- Set and meet self- development objectives
- Participate in the company’s promotional events
- Develop and maintain business relations
- Develop new applications for specific industries.
- Complete the various sales forms as per the company’s policies and procedures
- Process the sale documents through the proper channels within the agreed timeframe
- Quickly answer customers’ requests and direct them to the appropriate department
- Regularly communicate activities to the Sales Manager
- Maintain knowledge of security products and market current
- Perform any other tasks related to the position or assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Hold a vocational diploma in sales and/or a high school diploma and/or an equivalent experience
- Experience in a similar role is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Market development and network abilities
- Technical knowledge of security equipment (Intrusion, CCTV, Access, Fire Alarm)
- Strong customer service focus
- Articulated, diplomatic and professional
- Sense of responsibility
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Direct selling techniques
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to effectively close sales
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Own a vehicle and a valid driver's license
ADT by TELUS provides equalaccess to employment opportunities for all applicants and employees inaccordance with applicable federal and provincial laws, without regard to race,ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex,sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability or anyother characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.
ADT by TELUS is committed to treatingall people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations areavailable upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout therecruitment process. Please contact Human Resources atifyou require accommodation. We will work with all applicants toaccommodate their individual accessibility needs.